Wednesday, November 20, 2013

God's Time and Turns


I took a God's Hand from Israel  to
one of my friends in Colorado and she
incorporated it into her Thanksgiving
centerpiece. (More about that later.)
Exactly two months ago my life took a turn that I never expected. God sent me a job to do as I took in a friend who was badly injured. Since that time she has experienced and continues to recover. It changed my Fall as I never expected, yet it was a joy in getting to know her as she recovered and continues to recover. Since then, she has moved out, I have been to Germany to visit my dear family who live there and to Denver with my husband where I visited with two dear friends. (You probably will hear about both.)  Where to begin?  And will I ever return to my thoughts on Israel?  (I know that a piece of my heart still lives there.)

In  the coming weeks I must host family and friends as we celebrate our American Thanksgiving. And we will spend the first ever complete Christmas time that we have ever spent here in Central Illinois rather than traveling to see family on the East Coast. We will miss them, but it is time.

Some early birthday and Christmas celebration with
my family in Berlin






God sends His turns into our lives; and life changes. I am thankful that He is in it all! I don't have to approach it "Willy Nilly" but can trust Him with all of it's it's twists and turns. So life goes on and I am back.
    
Thanksgiving thoughts of a six year old in Berlin.
Apparently they do not have root beer there. Fun!



A beautiful church in Berlin, but so many
of the churches there are almost empty.

No comments:

Post a Comment